In this video, physical therapist Kathy Doubleday DPT, OCS will guide you through exercises that may help to relieve knee pain. If you’re experiencing knee pain during exercise or when performing movements like getting up from a chair or walking, Dr. Kathy Doubleday will provide you with helpful tips. In this lesson, she will:
- Guide you through taking your knee through a range of motion.
- Show you how to stretch the muscles that cross your knee joint or hip, like your calves, hip flexors, hamstrings, and quads.
- Walk you through activating the muscles around your knee with exercises like a straight leg raise, hip motion, or squats.
- Teach you how to find modifications to your movement that relieve knee pain.
- Teach you how to focus on your hips, as they work with your knees as a team.
By following the guidance of physical therapist Kathy Doubleday DPT, OCS, you can learn valuable exercises to help relieve knee pain and stay active during exercise or daily activities.
Length of Class